Pure Mickey is a fan-made antagonist in Abandoned: Discovery Island.
Pure Mickey is a figure created from the player's fear. He only appears on Night 6, along with True Mickey or replacing him.
Rarely, before the night begins, the game asks what the player's fear is, a textbox open. Once typed in, the game will say "Then it is decided." This is a signal that Pure Mickey is active.
AppearancePure Mickey's body is a bright tan with a lighter red pants. He also has phantom-esque eyes that glow in darkness and when active.
He becomes active on Night 6, very rarely replacing True Mickey or alongside him. He takes a similar path, but starts in the Janitor's Closet. He eventually travels through the Bathroom, then to the Meat Freezer, which he can take 2 paths: he can go to the Lounge or straight to the Office. Either way, he still arrives. If in the office, the player must shut off the Roof camera or hide under the desk. Cutting the power will not work on him. Failing to fend him off properly will result in a jumpscare.
At a random point, similar to True Mickey's Undertale-esque sequences, the boss encounter audio from Earthbound will play, and the screen fades to black. Once the screen returns, a battle scene from Earthbound will occur, the textbox saying "??? attacked!" The player will only have 50 HP and 40 PP, as well as the following PSI abilities: Ice (Beta), Magnet (Alpha), Shield (Beta), and Lifeup (Alpha). After 5 attacks, the sequence ends.
After completing Night 6, if he was active, the screen goes dark, and another Earthbound-esque battle will start. Here, you get 2 characters to control: Photo-Negative Mickey (shortened to PNM) and Jake.
Jake retains the same PSI abilities from the sequence, with the addition of PSI Thunder (Beta) and removal of Lifeup (Alpha). PNM will have 127 HP, 90 PP, and the following abilities: Brainshock (Alpha), Lifeup (Gamma), Paralysis (Omega), and Magnet (Alpha).
Prior to any attacks, Pure Mickey speaks through a dialogue box, whilst Giygas' theme plays in the background:
"Persistent, I see."
"But I think you might want to know how the world actually works..."
(A blue flame then appears around him.)
"You see a bloody universe in flames;"
"You see this infinite, dark power?"
"I HAVE ALREADY HAD IT WITH YOUR SH**"
"Prepare to have your spirit torn in two for what you've done"
MeGaLoVania will then begin to play. It's best to keep as much PP and heal as much as possible, whilst trying to slow his attacks with the PSI abilities, albeit both characters having a very low amount of PP. As Pure Mickey has 169,666 HP and a damage range of 127-250, the battle may take longer than expected. When defeated, more dialogue will show.
"Even in the depths of hell, I couldn't defeat you."
"Well, congrats, Jake."
"You defeated your true fear."
"But know that this isn't over yet."
"Let's just say..."
"I HAVE MORE VICTIMS TO ERADICATE." (He then vanishes, the blue flame still there.)
However, if the player is defeated, Pure Mickey will say this:
"You see, Jake, it was all a nightmare..."
"One you're NOT going to wake from!"
(The screen fills with practically infinite "HAHAHAHAHA"s, then the game will crash. Once the player re-opens it, the battle starts over instead of heading to the title screen. Pure Mickey will say the following when this occurs: "Hm?|You're back?| . . . |Interesting.| You're quite a prized specimen, aren't you.")
- He seems to have a connection with True Mickey, however this is not confirmed.
- If inverted, he actually reveals True Mickey. It is unknown if Pure Mickey and True Mickey are the same being, however, it is possible.
- When active, Pure Mickey's eyes seem to glow. It is unknown what the cause of this is.
- It is possible that Pure Mickey might be a demon, like True Mickey, but it is also likely that he is a suit/toon.
- Unlike most of the suits/toons, he does not speak or make any sound when active, so the player must rely on the cameras and keep an eye on the office if Pure Mickey arrives.
- The Earthbound-esque battle, along with the blue flame around Pure Mickey and some of the dialogue (including the slight vocal outburst) is a reference and a nod to the Dr. Andonuts battle in Toby "Radiation" Fox's Earthbound Halloween Hack.
- The difficulty of the battle seems to support this.
- Losing the battle is both a reference to the Halloween Hack and Undertale, as both show an infinite line of "hahahaha," however, the game crashing is another nod to the Photoshop Flowey battle from Undertale.
- The Megalovania that plays during the battle is the Homestuck version (styled as MeGaLoVania), instead of the Megalovania from the Halloween Hack (formerly "Dr. Andonut's Rage). It is unexplained why this is.
- Photo-Negative Mickey's maximum HP is a reference to the maximum damage that is inflicted in the indie game Cave Story.
- Adding into such, Pure Mickey's attack damage range has 127 as the lowest damage inflicted.
- It's unknown why Jake and PNMickey can use PSI abilities, but the only explanation for how is: "time shenanigans."